A customer brought me an Excel spreadsheet populated with financial data that despite having the correct settings refused to sum or otherwise add up any of the financial information. Investigation revealed that there was "extra" unwanted data in the currency fields preventing the numbers being properly read by Excel. The solution however, was non obvious, so I wrote a VBA macro to tidy up this kind of issue with any spreadsheet. This is so useful I have decided to post it here and share it. If you use this macro, please maintain leave in the original author details but otherwise make it your own.